Dedicate a Beautiful Century-old Tree
This dedication is a wonderful and unique gift for a special occasion or in memory of a loved one.
You may dedicate a century old tree with or without a personalised wooden plaque which will be engraved with words of your choice, and place next to your tree.
These hundred year old trees are beautiful and irreplaceable features of our ancient woodlands at Bank Woods. We also have a number of these trees in our meadows. Here they form a rare and precious habitat known as ‘Wood Pasture’. These trees are all precious, and your dedication will help us to protect them for the future. They will become the veteran trees of the next decades. They are in the ‘mature’ stage of their life, and they each support many fungi, small mammals, birds, insects and other invertebrates.
You can read more about what makes Ancient Woodland so special here.
Please note that these century old trees are, by definition, in the latter stages of their lives. We are committed to protecting them and prolonging their lives as much as we can … however, it is possible that any of these trees may get blown over in a storm, or even die. Fallen mature trees provide a rich habitat, and in fact, form their own valuable ecosystem. If the tree you have dedicated unfortunately dies or gets blown over, we will leave it exactly where it is, and it will go on providing food and shelter for countless insects and birds. Unfortunately we will not be able offer any refund for the cost of your dedication if this happens.
Included in this dedication
- A beautiful century old tree, which may be in our wonderful ancient woodland or historic wood pasture at Bank Woods near Summerbridge, in Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Optional: a wooden plaque engraved with words of your choice (£25 extra)
- If you choose to have a plaque, we will send you a photo of it by email, when it is placed by the tree
- A personalised certificate of dedication, by email
- This includes a personalised map showing the location of the tree
- An open invitation to hug the tree you have sponsored during one of our events – see website for dates
- The satisfaction of supporting precious habitat for countless species which rely on ancient trees
- The joy of knowing you are protecting a thing of beauty which has been part of the countryside for many decades
- The knowledge that your support will help us to protect the mature tree for decades to come
- The pride of ‘doing your bit’ to minimise the impact of climate change, by protecting a tree which will absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
(please note, you will not ‘own’ the tree)