Sponsor a nest box in one of our North Yorkshire Woodland Nature Reserves!
During the summer of 2022, we will be making more boxes and putting them on trees among our woodland at Windmill Hill.
All woodland birds are struggling, because their natural habitat is often destroyed or degraded as humans take up more and more space for development. A nest box can provide them with a cosy roost during the winter and crucially, a safe place to raise their young in spring and summer.
Our boxes are made according to RSPB instructions, and sited using their advice. We typically find over 80% of our boxes are occupied by breeding birds, usually great tits and blue tits, but we also regularly find breeding pied flycatchers and nuthatches. You can read our results in detail here.
When you sponsor a nest box, you are supporting our work, not only in making and putting them up, but also the important maintenance, monitoring and cleaning out that we do every year.
If you would like to dedicate a nest box as a gift, please just let us know the words you would like on your certificate in the ‘Notes’ at checkout, and we will make a gift certificate for you.
Sponsor a Nest Box: What you will get
- A personalised certificate of sponsorship, with your chosen wording, via email
- The certificate includes a photograph of birds using the box you have sponsored
- The knowledge that you have supported our work in maintaining, monitoring and cleaning our nest boxes
- The satisfaction of creating a precious habitat for woodland bird species
- Sponsorship of one nest box for one breeding season (please note you will not ‘own’ the box)