Dedicate a Tree in Yorkshire with Make it Wild
Dedicate a tree in Yorkshire – the ultimate eco-friendly gift!
No waste, no gift wrapping, and no transport! This tree will look beautiful in its natural location and will last for many years to come.
What happens when you dedicate a tree in Yorkshire with Make it Wild?
How it works
We will plant a tree at one of our beautiful North Yorkshire nature reserves.
We will protect the tree, and we will look after it for decades to come.
At Bank Woods, it will be secure in our deer-fenced woodland area, among or between our Ancient Woodlands. At Sylvan it will be among our young woodland trees.
At our checkout, you will be asked the wording you would like on your certificate.
What you will get
- A young native woodland tree, planted for you
- A map of the site, showing the location of the tree
- A personalised certificate of dedication, with your chosen wording
- The option of having your name on the ‘Acknowledgement’ page of our website
- The satisfaction of contributing to the creation of precious habitat for the many species which rely on woodland – thereby improving biodiversity
- The joy of knowing you have planted a beautiful tree which will live for decades
- The pride of ‘doing your bit’ to minimise the impact of climate change by planting a tree which will absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- The chance to visit your tree
Choose your Location
- Bank Woods Nature Reserve, near Summerbridge, in the stunning Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the heart of North Yorkshire. Currently only accessible by prior arrangement; open days to commence in 2020. Read more here.
- Sylvan Nature Reserve, our young woodland on the banks of the river Nidd, at Kirk Hammerton near York. Accessible on foot at any time – no vehicular access. Read more here.
Choose the occasion
We can dedicate a tree for you for any occasion!
If your tree is for an occasion that we haven’t listed – No problem! Just select ‘other’ from the occasion menu, and let us know what words you would like on the dedication certificate.
Types of tree
We will choose a healthy young tree for you.
There is information about many of them in the Resource section of our website. If you have a preference for a certain species of tree, please let us know and we will do our best!
You can read more about our Tree Dedication Gifts here.
(please note, you will not ‘own’ the tree)