Would you like to Sponsor Mature Hedgerow for Nature in Norfolk?
This ‘sponsor a hedgerow’ dedication is a wonderful and unique gift for any occasion!
Species rich hedgerows provide crucial food and shelter for wildlife. They also make important ‘corridors’ connecting habitats to each other.
In the eastern counties of England, including Norfolk, more hedges have been removed than in any other area of the country. Well maintained mature hedgerows provide habitat or food for 1500 different insect species! These, in turn provide food for birds and mammals, and are a crucial part of the ecosystem.
130 priority species are associated with this irreplaceable habitat, including lichens, mammals, invertebrates, birds, amphibians and reptiles. These hedgerows are dense, rare, and precious, and your dedication will help us to protect them for the future.
The hedgerows at Covenhope Reserve, near Hingham, in Norfolk include blackthorn, hawthorn, ash, hazel, ivy and many berry-rich plants. The hedges also have very many mature hedgerow trees dotted along them. Because the hedgerows are now maintained ‘by hand’ using traditional methods rather than machinery, new, self-seeded hedgerow trees will be identified and nurtured.
Sponsor Mature Hedgerow: What you get:
- A personalised certificate of dedication, by email
- This includes a personalised map showing the location of the hedgerow
- The satisfaction of supporting precious habitat for countless species
- The joy of knowing you are protecting a thing of beauty which has been part of the countryside for many decades
- The knowledge that your support will help protect and maintain the hedgerows and trees for decades to come
- The opportunity to visit the reserve at an open day or event in the future
Please note, you will not ‘own’ the hedge. For further terms and conditions, please see this page.