Looking for carbon offsetting for your business? Make it Wild can help!
Atmospheric carbon dioxide is a potent green house gas, making it a major contributor to climate change. Since the Industrial Revolution, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased by 40%. It is time to do whatever we can to limit the increase in carbon dioxide.
One way we can do this is by planting trees. And that is how Make it Wild can help!
As they grow, trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, meaning it cannot enter the atmosphere.
It has been calculated that one tree can typically trap 3.7 tonnes of carbon dioxide during its lifetime. We will plant enough trees to allow for natural losses, to ensure enough trees reaches maturity.
Carbon offsetting for your business
We can help with every step of carbon offsetting for your business.
If you wish to estimate your carbon footprint
As a guide, the typical amount of carbon dioxide a business might choose to offset each year is:
- 20 tonnes for a small business
- 100 tonnes for a medium-sized business
- 1000 tonnes for a large business
We have written a helpful ‘menu’ of typical business activities that you can use to add up your carbon footprint. You can find this here.
If you wish to calculate your carbon footprint
How does it work?
You will need to decide how many tonnes of carbon dioxide you want to offset, either by estimation or calculation.
We sell our carbon offsetting for businesses in multiples of 10 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
Once you purchase your carbon offsetting trees, we will:
- either assign recently planted trees to you, or plant new trees on your behalf. This depends on the time of year and the number of newly planted trees we have available
- send you a certificate showing: the number of tonnes of carbon dioxide you have offset; the location of the trees on a map; an annotated aerial photograph showing the trees we have planted for you
- send you a ‘badge’ that you can use to show customers and employees what you are doing to help the environment
- protect and look after your trees for the foreseeable future, to ensure they reach maturity, and after approximately 40 years the trees will have offset all your carbon