When you sponsor an Exmoor Pony, you will support an important part of our rewilding project.
Exmoor Ponies are part of our conservation grazing crew, and with the Belties, and have helped to transform the meadows of our rewilding project at Bank Woods. When we took on the land there were very few wild flowers – now we have an abundance of meadow flowers including harebells, common spotted orchids, birds foot trefoil, tormentil, betony and many more.
We are especially pleased with the Exmoor Ponies’ style of grazing, as they eat gorse and thistles! These are two species that we don’t want too many of on our meadows.
The Exmoor Ponies live a fairly wild life as an intrinsic part of our rewilding project at Bank Woods. They have access to a barn in extreme weather, but are very hardy, and generally happy up on the hills.
Any special treatment the Exmoor Ponies need is paid for by the Yorkshire Exmoor Pony Trust (YEPT), a small charity which finds homes for ‘retired’ Exmoor ponies. In turn, we pay YEPT a fee to enable us to host the ponies. Your sponsorship will support us in continuing to enjoy these lovely animals being on our land.
Would you like to sponsor an Exmoor Pony?
If you would like to sponsor an Exmoor Pony:
- decide whether to sponsor for one year or ongoing
- let us know the words you would like on your certificate
- if you want to sponsor on an ongoing basis, you will pay immediately for the first month, and you will need to complete a Direct Debit instruction to enable payment for future years
Sponsor an Exmoor pony: What you will get
- A personalised certificate of sponsorship, with your chosen wording, via email
- The certificate includes a photograph of one of our ponies
- The knowledge that you have supported our conservation grazing team, a crucial element of our rewilding work
- The knowledge that you are supporting biodiversity by helping the wildflowers back
- Sponsorship of one Exmoor Pony for one year – or ongoing
- For ongoing sponsorships we will email you a new photo of one of the ponies each year
Please note: Sponsorship is not attached to any particular animal, and you will not ‘own’ the pony. You will not be able to visit the Exmoor Ponies, sorry!