Rag Rugging Workshop
We are delighted to invite you to this Rag Rugging Workshop – be inspired and creative, while enjoying the nature and scenery on offer at Bank Woods!
Guided by our expert tutor, Karina Wiles, you will first explore this stunning location. We have incredible views up Nidderdale, wild flower meadows, ancient woodland, a tranquil wildlife pond buzzing with dragon flies, and more – all for your exclusive enjoyment during the workshop.
The group will then return to our modern, light filled studio to work on designs inspired by what has been seen. If the weather is fine, we also have seating areas in the woods and meadows, where the group can work.
Karina will guide you in creating your own woodland scene, similar to the one pictured, using the ‘proddy’ and ‘hooky’ rag-rug techniques.
This workshop is suitable for beginners, and individual guidance will be given.
(Minimum age 12; under 16s must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them.)
Tutor: Karina Wiles
What to expect:
- A small group, informal and interactive workshop
- Personal help from the tutor
- A stunning location
- Exclusive use of our state-of-the-art sustainable studio
- All materials and equipment will be provided
Timings: 10am until 2.30pm, Thursday 2nd May 2024
Location: Bank Woods, Summerbridge HG3 4JR
What to bring:
- Your enthusiasm and creativity!
- Suitable clothing for a short walk (which might include waterproofs)
- Vegetarian food to share with the group for lunch (if you have dietary restrictions, you may wish to bring enough food for your own lunch, and a little extra to share) We will be in touch 7-10 days before the workshop to let you know whether you should bring savoury, salad or sweet. There will be 8 people, all bringing food, so bear that in mind and don’t bring too much!
Catering: Drinks will be provided. Lunch will be a shared cold buffet.
For Ts & Cs please follow this link.