Dedicate a tree for Mother’s Day
Dedicating a tree for Mother’s Day is the ultimate eco-friendly gift – No waste, no plastic, no gift wrapping, and no calories! – this tree will look beautiful in its natural location and will last for many years to come!
What happens when you dedicate a tree for Mother’s Day with Make it Wild?
We will plant a tree for your mum, and protect it with a stake and tree tube. We will send you a map and certificate (by email) confirming exactly where the tree is. And we will look after it for decades to come.
On receipt of your order, we will email you to firm up the details. Please think about the wording you would like on your certificate, and also if you have a favourite native woodland tree that you would like to dedicate. There is information about some of them in the Resource section of our website.
You can read more about our Tree Dedication Gifts here.
Did you know the origins of Mother’s Day – and how you can make it Mother Nature’s Day? We explain here.
What you get:
- A young native woodland tree, planted for you at one of our nature reserves
- Sylvan Nature Reserve, near Kirk Hammerton
- Bank Woods in Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- A map of the site, showing your mum’s tree
- A personalised certificate of dedication, with a quote to celebrate motherhood
- The option of having your name and your mum’s name on our ‘Sponsorship Board’ on our website.
- The satisfaction of contributing to the creation of precious habitat for the many species which rely on woodland – thereby improving biodiversity
- The joy of knowing you have planted a beautiful tree which will live for decades
- The pride of ‘doing your bit’ to minimise the impact of climate change by planting a tree which will absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
(please note, you will not ‘own’ the tree)